A panel is essentially a database of participants. Kinesis Panel Management™ allows for multiple panels within a single installation. It is not required but a panel may be linked to a Kinesis Community Portal, a front-facing website for participants that provides a wide range of functionality, from automated password retrieval, display of available surveys, survey history, incentives, and points redemption, to mini-polls and blogs.
Projects are created within a specific panel to manage the launch of a survey project that is programmed using Kinesis Survey or a third-party survey programming tool. Projects allow you to query the panel and schedule invitations and reminders to only a subset of the panelists.
The account page is the primary workspace for your Kinesis account. It provides access to the tools and features available for all your panels and projects.
Viewing the Project Page
The navigation menu at the top of the account page allows you to navigate between the resource pages for each of your panels and projects as you work. The navigation menu displays a link to your project’s dashboard, as well as the following tools and features.
- App Switcher: Click the FocusVision logo to access additional FocusVision products.
- Project Dashboard: Click to access the project dashboard when in Project or Panel mode.
- Help: Click the question mark to access your survey support resources.
- Knowledge Base: View all help resources and product documentation.
- Help Desk: Contact the Kinesis help desk for hands-on support.
- Notifications: Click the bell icon to view product notifications and system error messages. The bell icon displays with a red dot indicator when data is being imported or exported and when new notifications are available.
- User Profile: Click your profile picture or username to access additional account options, manage your team settings and user role assignments, or log out of your account.
Understanding Panel and Project Modes
Your Kinesis account is split between two unique viewing modes, each with its own configurable settings and options set. You can toggle between viewing modes using the options under the "My panel / project" menu on your account page.
From the Project mode, you can create new projects, edit your current project’s properties or mark it as completed, and choose to view another project.
To view your account in Project mode, click “Choose project” under the "My panel" menu.
From the Panel mode, you can create new panels, edit your panel properties, and associate panels with projects.
To view your account in Panel mode, click “Panel mode” under the "My project" menu.