This Community feature is only available in Panel 4.6+.
This feature displays a list of the current email templates for easy modification and reuse. The email template allows for you to format and brand your community emails, survey invitations, and newsletters to match the site. Kinesis Panel inserts the appropriate content within the body of the email templates defined here. While datapoints and system information can be added to your email template, specific email text and content will be piped in from Communications feature in Community Manager or the Email Content Manager for campaigns and newsletters.
1: Create Email Template
Users have the option to create an HTML or Responsive Email template at the top of the Email Template. Templates can be assigned specific uses by checking the X under each column for campaign invitations, Lucid Link, etc. From this page, users may create a new template, as well as preview, edit, copy, or delete any existing templates.
2: Responsive Email Template
To create a new Responsive Email template, select the "New responsive template" button. The next screen (shown below) will allow to customize your responsive email template without needing to utilize HTML or CSS. Hover over the various elements to change the logo, banner, button texts, signature texts, and footer link texts. Localized versions can be found in language tabs above the email template.
Additional options for easy customization are available within the Settings and Presets boxes on the right.
The following design settings allow for further customization:
Toggle Section Display
- Header logo: Enables the header image. Header images must be 200x50px.
- Banner: Enables the banner image. Banner images must be 580x300px.
- Secondary Button: Enables the Visit Community button.
Footer link display
- Terms: Links to the Terms and Conditions page.
View in browser: opens the email within the browser
The following design presets allow for further customization:
- Preset selection: Selects the theme. By default, the theme will be Basic. You may create a new theme by changing the presets. This will bring up an option to create a New Theme Name below the preset selection drop-down. Once a new theme is created, you can apply it to other templates in the future.
- Editor Display State: Options include default, hover, visited, and active. You may select different colors for each of the display states if desired.
- Main: Edit background color, background image, font, font size, and font color for the main area of the email. This includes the areas behind the banners as well as the font for the email.
- Header background: Change the background color or background image of the area behind the header.
- Main background: Change the background color or background image of the main content area of the email where text and buttons are displayed.
- Footer background: Change the background color or background image of the footer area.
- Link color: Change the font colors of the links within the footer and email body.
- Action button: Change the background color, background image, fonts, and font colors of the main (survey link) button.
- Secondary button: Change the background color, background image, fonts, and font colors of the secondary (Visit Community) button.
3: HTML Template
HTML email templates are available as well for a more customized design. Use the "New HTML template" button to get started. You may customize the template using the following options:
- Link text: The survey link URL text.
- Opt-out link text: Text for the opt-out link URL.
- Online link text: Text that will allow users to open the email in the browser.
- Opt-out reminder link text: Text for the URL that allows panelists to opt out of the project (but not the panel).
- Sender name: The name that appears in the "Sender" field.
- Sender email: The email address that appears in the "Sender Email" field.
- Reply-to email address: The email address that appears in the "Reply-to" field.