This article is specific to Kinesis Panel email invitation templates. For email invitations in Kinesis Survey, see Survey Invitations.
Email Content Manager is your library of email texts that can be used in Panel Email Campaigns and Newsletters across the installation. Before invites can be sent within Project Mode, at least one email content and one email template must be created within Panel Mode.
1: Email Content Type
The following content types are available:
- Invitation Content: This content will be available for use within project campaigns.
- Newsletter Content: This content will be available for use within the Send Newsletter tool.
2: Creating New Email Content
To create new email content, use the create buttons at the top of the page.
Click through each tab as shown below to edit the email content as needed.
The General Info tab allows you to specify a name for the content.
The HTML editor on each language tab allows you to edit the subject line and email body text as needed. Please note that the actual theming for the email will be handled via the email template tool.
2.1: CAN-SPAM Compliancy
All email invitations sent through the panel campaign management system are required to follow the guidelines defined by the CAN-SPAM Act. This includes providing a physical contact address as well as a clear method for opting out of future emails.
3: Piping Datapoints Into Invitation Text
The following piping variables are required for all invitation templates:
- %LINK% or %LINKURL% (for just the plain URL)
- Will be replaced with the panelist's unique survey access link.
- %OPTOUTLINK% or %OPTOUTURL%
- Will provide a link allowing panelist to unsubscribe from the panel and future email contact.
- %OPTOUTREMINDERLINK% or %OPTOUTREMINDERURL%
- Will provide a link allowing panelist to unsubscribe from a single study
Panelist information can be piped into the invitation text using a few methods.
- Panelist email, identifiers or points can be piped with the following syntax:
- Any datapoint can be piped into the invitation text using the syntax
- replacing "Qlabel" with the actual datapoint label. For example, "Hello ~Qname~".
- For system fields, you can pipe from them directly using the syntax, %systemfield%, replacing "systemfield" with the system field name. Note, these could also be piped from the datapoint label mapped to the system field using the first method above. See below for a full list of available system field piping variables:
3.1: Adding a Tracking Pixel to your Email
To monitor open rates in the Campaign Manager, you will need to add a tracking pixel to your invitation template. Tracking pixels are inserted automatically by using: