This screen allows you to configure your panel settings, including the panel name, domain name, support email, and default point settings.
1: Panel Properties
The Panel Properties tab allows you to change general panel settings. Available fields include:
- Panel Name: Name for your panel. Each project will require you to select the panel you plan to pull sample from by referencing this name.
- Days to Track Activity: Sets the number of days to track panelist response to projects and will be the time frame used for historical response and historical completion rate calculations. This setting can only be adjusted prior to any projects launching with the panel. If this value needs to be changed and there are projects that have been created, contact Customer Support.
- Time to Run Activity Tracking: Set a time on the server that will run daily activity tracking. This feature will configure the panelist response rates and will save this number for display throughout Kinesis Panel. It is recommended that this be run during off-peak hours when activity is at it's lowest.
- Panel Support Email: Specifies the email address to which test emails are sent to.
- Domain Name: Specifies a domain to use for this panel. For example, if you have multiple panels and they are not associated with each other, separating them by domain can be done through this.
- Default Project/Campaign Points: Set the default point score for completed, profiled, and overquota surveys. This value can be adjusted on a project by project basis.
2: Kinesis Survey Settings
This tab allows you to change Kinesis Survey registration and registration update properties. Available fields include:
- Registration Survey: Allows you to select a survey from the drop-down which is used by the community to allow new panelists to sign up.
- Registration Update Survey: Allows you to select a survey from the drop-down which is used by the community to allow new panelists to update their user profile.
3: Registration Survey
This tab allows you to generate a link for creating a Registration Survey within Decipher. Available fields include:
- Panelist Survey Entry: The Decipher survey link.
- Decipher Instance: The Decipher domain.
- Decipher Company ID: The client’s Decipher company ID.
If both “Decipher Instance” and “Decipher Company ID” are entered, two buttons become available that allow you to quickly access the Decipher Registration Survey editor.
4: Panel Local
This tab allows you to enter translated texts for elements in panel that would otherwise be hardcoded.
- Portal Registration: Text in panelist rewards history for date they registered.
- Redemption Approved: Text in panelist rewards history for approving/processing automated or manual redemption.
- Redemption Denied: Text in panelist rewards history when a redemption is denied.
- Redemption Pending: Text in panelist rewards history when a request for redemption is pending but has not been processed.
- Referral of: Text in panelist rewards history when the panelist successfully refers a new panelist.
- Survey Participation Reward: Text in panelist rewards history when panelist is rewarded for completing a survey.
5: Advanced Settings
This tab allows you to change advanced Panel settings, but is currently used for custom email extension-field headers, also known as X-Headers. The tab is also used to set senders, the loopback email address, and panelist identifier settings.
- X-Headers: Extension-field headers can be added to all outgoing campaign invitations. You can use the following pipes to dynamically change the header value for each email:
- %PANELID%: The Panel ID the email is being sent from
- %PROJECTID%: The ID of the Project where the campaign was launched from
- %CAMPAIGNID%: The ID of the Campaign that the panelist was invited from
- %PID%: The Panelist ID
- Add: To add a new Header, fill out the text field and press the save button besides it. This will immediately add the header.
- Edit: To edit an existing header, double click the text name. Then perform your changes and confirm by hitting <ENTER>. To undo your changes, hit <ESCAPE> or click outside the edit field.
- Delete: Delete an existing header by clicking the delete button. This will immediately delete the header!
- X-ABC-Identifier: 01-23456.%PANELID%.%PID%
- X-INV: %PANELID%.%CAMPAIGNID%.%PID%
- X-TEST-ID: Test mode
6: External Services
Lucid allows publishing a project to make use of Lucid's survey router system.
- Enable Lucid: Enable/disable Lucid services.
- Lucid Link: Enter the base of the Lucid supplier router link. For example:
- Lucid Untargeted Link: Enter the Lucid untargeted router link. This is provided by Lucid. For information on Lucid target links, click here.
- Lucid Salt: Lucid security encryption salt. This value has to match the "Secret Key" setting in Lucid and is used for links securing links from and to the Router.
- Points Exchange Rate: Enter the amount of points that equal 1 USD. This value is only used for reporting.
- Lucid Compensation Grid: The Lucid compensation grid allows you to specify reward points based on the length of interview (LOI). The LOI is retrieved from the information that is sent back to Kinesis Panel™ by the Lucid Router. Enter the amount of points you want to issue for the three return statuses (completed, profile terminated, quota terminated) Use the "Add" and "Remove" buttons to adjust the entries to your needs. The lowest LOI must always be zero.
- Lucid API Mode: Use this setting to toggle between using the Lucid production or the staging environment.
- Lucid API Key: The Lucid API key must be entered in the following format: