Information pages are used by the survey engine to display various informative landing pages to respondents such as the Welcome page and Thank You page. The survey will also use other information pages when it encounters errors, when respondents resume sessions, when terminating due to a quota being full, or when other situations are encountered that require explanation. All information pages are available for both Web and Wireless survey modes. The following information pages are available:
1: Survey pages
- Access count reached
- This page is shown to respondents who have already reached the limit of completions as defined within the Survey Properties.
- Login page
- This page is presented for surveys using the "Login" access mode before a respondent enters the survey.
- Survey under maintenance
- This page is what respondents would see if they try to access a survey that is currently offline.
- Profile terminated page
- This page is shown for respondents upon terminating from a profile quota (limit of 0)
- Quota terminated
- This page is shown for respondents upon terminating from a quota that is full.
- Resume survey after post error
- For any connection issues that occur during an active survey session, this page may be presented upon page submit.
- Resume survey page
- This page will be shown to anyone who has dropped out of a survey and is trying to reaccess a previously started session.
- Session expired page
- If a session limit is defined in the Survey Properties, this page will be shown if that limit is reached.
- Survey closed page
- This page will be shown if the survey has been marked as closed.
- Thank you page
- This page will be displayed immediately upon completion of a survey.
- This page will be displayed if a respondent uses the optout link from their email invitation.
- Welcome page
- If enabled in the Survey Properties, this page will be shown at the beginning of each new survey session.
2: System pages
- Invalid survey invitation
- This page will be shown to anyone who tries to access the survey with an invalid URL, most likely the result of missing parameters that are required.
- Language selection
- This page is presented for surveys with multiple languages before a respondent enters the survey. (May be bypassed if the language code is included on the incoming URL)
- Session not found
- This page is shown if a respondent tries to access a survey session that no longer exists.
3: Creating custom info pages
You can create a blank / custom information page from within the Info page manager by clicking on the "Add new blank page" button.
4: Info Page Piping
Information pages can also contain additional tags such as %FIRSTNAME% and %LASTNAME%. These special variables will be replaced by each respondent's unique information, when pre-uploaded to the Respondent Management under a data variable of the same name.
NEW! It is also possible to pipe directly from the URL by using special notation ~IN_xxxx~ where xxxx is the name of the URL parameter. For example, to pipe a membership code from the URL onto an information page:
In this example, the parameter name is "memcode" and its value is "1234567". To display the membership code to the respondent on a welcome page you need to insert:
~IN_memcode~ anywhere on the page and it will be replaced with value "1234567".